Thursday, June 5, 2008

Introduction

Hi. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Laverne Rude. I'll be one of the convention bloggers. I live and work in Calgary, and am here as a delegate from Lutheran Church of the Cross, in Calgary. I'm married to Lisa Rude, and have three young daughters, who are spending this weekend with their aunt and uncle.

I look forward to giving you a personal view of the convention, as it proceeds.

It was a bit hectic getting registered, finding our rooms, finding our parking, finding the convention hall (a gymnasium at Grant MacEwan - right across from the chlorine smells of the swimming pool!), and figuring out how to get connected online, but now I'm here ...

We've currently started the first session (a lot of administrative details and some initial reports), and are now listening to the insightful words of the Rev. Kevin Ogilvie, our keynote speaker.

No comments: