Friday, June 6, 2008

Anybody out there?

So is anybody outside of the convention actually reading this? Are these blogs useful or interesting to the church at large? Please add your comments if you are reading this.

Part of the reason I'm involved with this is that during the last convention two years ago I found it frustrating that I couldn't get any real time or near real time information about the convention. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a convention junkie - maybe everyone else is content to wait until Convention Moments is published online!

4 comments:

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

I'm reading -- both here and Rev Kev's home in the blogsphere.
Wish I could be there myself, but summer jobs pay for the Seminary education and internship starts in August!
Michael Macintyre

mark said...

Add me to the readers - same as Mick, brought here from Kevin's page, but interested enough to return on my own!

I wonder how many of our 'young' people have the same issue as Mick (summer jobs pay for education), or for high school students to take 2 days off school a week before finals start? Does the timing of convention restrict it to the more 'retired' set?

Even for me, (if Kevin is still young, than I am too!), I considered putting my name forward for our delegate, but it's a bad time of year for me to be away from work.

Keep up the good work all of you!
mark.

Brian said...

I'm reading too, with rapt attention (was hesitant to log off and go to bed, lest I miss something). . . reminds me of blogging for the ELCIC from the Global AIDS Conference in Toronto a couple years ago--think I racked up a total of 0 responses over ten days of most provocative (my assessment) blogging. Conclusion: "B-iblical L-utherans O-nly G-oogle.

Brian, in San Salvador

Crystal said...

Thanks for keeping us updated and for providing your thoughtful- and thought provoking - comments (all 3 of you!).