Thursday, June 5, 2008

Evening Service

Well, we got to the evening service on the funeral bus. It wasn't a funeral, but a festive and grand start to the convention. It was held at the beautiful All Saints Anglican Cathedral in downtown Edmonton.

Thanks to all those involved. The choir, brass and pipe organ were all great. I heard that both the bread and wine were homemade, and very tasty. (Am I allowed to discuss the virtues of the communion elements?).

It was the first time I had heard Bishop Susan preach and she came across as very down-to-earth in her sermon on John 10:1-10, even if she did describe herself as a city-girl and not knowing a lot about farming and caring for sheep. But she does know about caring for people and passed the message along of how we need to follow Jesus' example and care for those around us.

Now, unless someone invites me to some all-night convention party, I'm off to bed ...

No comments: